Note: Image shown for illustrative purposes. Actual item comes in white finish.
Now you can stay in control while on the go. AKAI Professional's MPK Mini MKII is an ultra-compact keyboard controller designed with the the traveling musician and the desktop producer in mind. The MPK Mini MKII's array of hardware controls lets you record, compose, and perform with virtual instruments, effect plugins, and DAWs whenever and wherever inspiration may strike. It comes equipped with 25 velocity-sensitive synth-action keys, a 4-way thumbstick for dynamic pitch and modulation manipulation, 8 backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads, and 8 assignable Q-Link knobs. Additionally, 2 banks expand the number of MPC-style pads on up to 16 for even more creative possibilities.
The MPK Mini MkII comes with all the essentials for quickly laying down and expanding upon your musical ideas. Dedicated Octave Up and Down buttons provide the keyboard the full melodic range, and a sustain pedal input is built-in for expressive playing and recording. Its onboard arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range, and modes makes it easy to create intricate melodic lines with minimal effort. And, MPC Note Repeat and Full Level features allow users to access genuine technologies from Akai Professional’s line of MPC workstations.
Offering maximum portability, MPK Mini MkII needs no software drivers or external power adapter for operation. It supports plug-and-play connectivity, features USB-MIDI, and powers up with a single USB connection to your Mac or PC. Four onboard memory banks let you store hardware/software presets for quick, easy setup of your computer and MPK Mini.
Bundled with the MPK Mini MkII is professional production software and virtual instruments for immediate music creation. Hybrid 3 from AIR Music Tech is a high-definition synthesizer that can create anything from fat, retro synth sounds to edgy modern leads and everything in between. SONiVOX's Wobble is an electronic music grime synthesizer that features 2 independent channels of spectral morphing synthesis with harmonic controls, individual filtering, and discrete LFO controls. MPC Essentials is a groove/beat production and sample-triggering software that lets producers and musicians incorporate genuine MPC workflow into their DAW of choice and extends the power of MPK mini by adding up to 8 pad banks and 4 samples and insert effects per pad. MPC Essentials also runs in standalone mode, so you can start making music without a DAW.
MPK Mini MIDI Editor
You can unlock the true potential of your MPK Mini MkII with MPK Mini MIDI Editor software, a powerful preset management software that lets MPK Mini users customize their hardware and software setup right on their Mac or PC. You can create and tweak presets for your favorite virtual instruments, plugins, and DAWs, then store them on your MPK Mini MkII. You'll spend less time setting up your gear and more time doing what you love—making great music.
Note: Akai Professional, AIR Music Technology, and MPC are registered trademarks of inMusic Brands Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. inMusic is the exclusive distributor of SONiVOX.
Akai MPK Mini mkII Features:
- Incorporates 5 years of user feedback for an all-new, enhanced design
- 25 synth-action mini keys
- 4-way thumbstick for dynamic pitch and modulation control
- 8 backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads with Note Repeat & Full Level
- 8 assignable Q-Link knobs for mixing, tweaking plug-ins, and more
- Built-in arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range, and modes
- Dedicated Octave Up and Octave Down buttons
- Ultra-compact design lets you create anywhere
- USB-powered; no power adapter required
- Full-size sustain pedal input jack
- Comprehensive production software download package included: Akai Pro MPC Essentials, SONiVOX Wobble, and Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech
Akai MPK Mini mkII Specifications:
- Number of Keys: 25 velocity-sensitive
- Pads: 8 pressure- and velocity-sensitive, light-up MPC-style pads x 2 banks
- Knobs: 8 assignable controller pots
- Computer interface: USB-MIDI communications to Mac/PC
- Programs: 4
- Octaves: 10 with Octave Up and Down
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Additional Controls: Pitchbend/Mod Joystick, Note Repeat button, Full Level button, Tap Tempo button
- Additional Inputs: (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TS input for sustain pedal
- Power: USB power via full-size USB jack; no power adapter required
- Dimensions: 12.5" x 7.13" x 1.75"
- Weight: 1.65 lbs
- Macintosh: 1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended); 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended); Mac OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended)
- PC: 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or Celeron-compatible CPU or faster (multicore CPU recommended); 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended); Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP; Windows-compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended); QuickTime recommended
- Available USB port
Editor Software Requirements
- Mac OS X 10.7+ or Windows 7+