Special Order. Usually ships in 7-10 days.
The Alpha · Omega is fully operational amplifier based and has two distinct distortion circuits (Alpha and Omega) which can be selected or blended using the Mod knob. This unusual control, in conjunction with the toggle switches and 3 active band equilizer makes Alpha · Omega one of the most flexible among Darkglass' designs.
Darkglass Electronics Alpha · Omega Features:
- Level: Sets the volume of the overdriven signal.
- Drive: Sets the amount of gain in the overdriven signal.
- Blend: Mixes the clean input signal with the overdriven signal. The clean signal remains at unity gain while the volume of the overdriven signal is set by the Level knob, allowing for fine control of the blend ratio.
- Bite: Boosts High Mids (2.8kHz) for additional presence and definition.
- Growl: Shelving Bass Boost for a fatter tone and increased low end saturation.
- Mod: Selects or mixes between the two distinct distortion circuits - Alpha is punchy, tight with a lot of definition, whereas Omega is simply brutal and raw
- Bass: +-12dB @ 80Hz
- Mid: +-12dB @ 500Hz
- Treble: +-12dB @ 5kHz
- Parallel Output: Hardwired copy of your input signal, useful for getting a clean signal in recording and live situations.
- Direct Output: A balanced version of the 1/4" output, useful for running into PA's or studio mixing consoles.
Darkglass Electronics Alpha · Omega Specifications:
- Dimensions: 4.72" x 4.21" (12 x 10.7 cm)
Please Note: The Alpha · Omega has a current draw of 30mA. Only use a regulated 9V DC adapter with a center-negative plug. Due to ecological reasons it does not accept batteries. Unregulated power supplies and/or higher voltages may result in suboptimal noise performance and even damage your unit, voiding the warranty.