What would an ’83 G&L SC-2™ be if Leo Fender recreated it for today’s scene? The crew at G&L think it would be a lot like the new Fallout. After all, when inspiration comes from original G&L SC guitars modded by the likes of Devo’s Mark and Bob Mothersbaugh and Band Of Susans’ Robert Poss, there are lots of cues to follow.
The SC-2 was born as a cool looking, comfortable and light axe that could be thrashed mercilessly and not miss a beat. Fallout keeps those qualities in the mix but branches out to cover today’s sophisticated textures and tones.
Fallout shares the original Leo Fender-designed SC-2 body shape, comfortable, sustain-rich G&L Saddle Lock bridge and easy-playing medium-C-shape neck with a 12” radius and medium-jumbo frets.
From dirty riffs to jangly hooks, the G&L Tribute Series Fallout delivers with a great pairing of Paul Gagon-designed Alnico pickups: a gorgous P-90 and meaty humbucker splittable via a push/pull tone pot.
The look transcends the SC-2’s simplicity with a sweeping pickguard that complements the body shape perfectly. Balancing out the aesthetics is a sleeker interpretation of the ‘80s-era G&L headstock shape designed exclusively for the Fallout.
G&L Guitars Fallout Specifications:
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Scale: 25-1/2"
- Pickups: Paul Gagon-designed Alnico pickups, G&LAP4285B P-90 inneck position and G&L AW4470B humbucker in bridge positon
- Body Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Wood: Hard-Rock Maple with Rosewood fingerboard
- Finish: Mint Green
- Neck Width at Nut: 1-5/8"
- Neck Radius: 12"
- Neck Profile: Medium C
- Frets: 22 medium jumbo, nickel
- Tuning Keys: 18:1 ratio, sealed-back
- Bridge: G&L Saddle Lock™
- Controls: 3-position pickup selector, volume, tone with push/pullcoil tap