Building on the success of the K Series, the KW181 represents the next evolutionary step in wood enclosure loudspeakers. QSC's system engineers have created the KW181 Series to feature all the groundbreaking electronic attributes of their popular K Series while at the same time designing a product that is both smaller and significantly lighter than previous wood enclosure models.
Like K Series, the KW181 model features a QSC designed, 1000 Watt Class D power module.
Extensive signal processing is employed throughout, providing levels of sonic clarity and total output that defy all expectations for a product in this category:
- Intrinsic Correction™, first featured in QSC'shigh-end line array products maps 65-75 spatially-averaged measurements to IIRand FIR filters that actively adjust time, frequency and amplitude response toa maximally flat bandpass target. The result is a speaker that behaves equallywell across the entire sound field.
- DEEP™ and excursion limiting allow for extendedlow-frequency response by actively managing low-frequency transients withoutdegradation of the underlying signal or adjacent frequencies.
- GuardRail™ protection, first introduced on our GX Series amplifiersprotects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural anddestructive clipping.
The KW181 features a four-position mic / line gain switch that allows for connection of a wide variety of devices. Combo XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs accept both mic and line level input. Up to three audio sources can be mixed internally and summed to a balanced output for ”daisy-chaining” of multiple units. Separate direct outputs are also provided on each channel for additional output flexibility.
On-board switches provide preset EQ settings, with the LF switch able to be set to NORM, DEEP™ for additional bass extension. The rear panel LED switch can be set to POWER, illuminating the front-mounted LED when the unit is powered on, OFF for applications where it is not desirable to illuminate the front LED, or LIMIT which indicates to the system operator that the clip limiter circuit has been engaged during operation.
Remote gain control capability is offered via a potentiometer (not included) connected to the on-board Phoenix-Style connector. In an installed application, multiple KW Series speakers can be ”daisy-chained” for total gain control from a single remote pot. Auto-standby mode is engaged after 5 minutes of inactivity.
The KW181 is designed to withstand the rigors of professional use. Advanced construction processes, premium-grade Baltic birch cabinetry, ergonomic, cast aluminum handles, low-noise casters and a highly protective steel grille provide for ease of transport and long term durability. Additionally, a threaded pole receptacle provides for a positive, wobble free connection to a threaded speaker pole.
QSC KW181 Features:
- 18” subwoofer
- Maximum SPL: 135 dB peak
- 1000 Watt Class D continuous power
- Extensive DSP featuring DEEP™ and IntrinsicCorrection™ enhances system performance
- Rugged, texture-painted birch enclosure
- Tour-grade 16 gauge steel grilles
- Threaded pole socket
- Speaker mounting pole included (35 mm diameter, 36inches (91 cm) long, M20 thread.)
- Comfortable ergonomic handles
QSC KW181 Specifications:
- Configuration: 18" subwoofer
- Transducer: 18" cone transducer
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 38 Hz - 124 Hz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 34 Hz - 143 Hz
- Maximum SPL*: 135 dB peak
- *Note: For comparison purposes and in accordance with common industry practice, maximum peak SPL specifications are theoretical calculations based upon transducer sensitivity and peak available amplifier power.
- RMS Power Output**: 1000 W Class D continuous
- **Note: Independent of limiters and driver protection circuits
- Peak Power Output: 2000 W peak
- Input Impedance, XLR / 1/4": 38 kohms balanced / 19 kOhms unbalanced
- LF Mode (Normal/DEEP™)
- Polarity (Normal/Reverse)
- Front LED (On/Off/Limit)
- Two (2) balanced female XLR / 1/4" line level inputs
- Two (2) Balanced male XLR full range line level outputs
- Remote Gain Control
- Locking IEC power connector
- Cooling: On demand, 50 mm variable speed fan
- Amplifier Protection: Thermal limiting, output overcurrent, overtemperature muting, GuardRail™
- Transducer Protection: Thermal limiting, excursion limiting
- AC Power Input: Universal power supply 100–240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz
- AC Power Consumption (1/8 Power):
- 100 VAC, 2.3 A
- 120 VAC, 2.01 A
- 230 VAC, 1.13 A
- RMS Power Output**: 1000 W Class D continuous
- Material: 15 mm painted birch plywood
- Finish: Black textured paint
- Grille: Rugged Powder-Coated Steel Grille
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 20.1" x 23.4" x 29.9" with casters (510mm x 595mm x 761mm with casters)
- Weight: 88 lb (40 kg)
- Available Accessories: KW181 cover (sold separately)