The Bose FreeSpace DS 100F loudspeakers deliver high-energy, full-range sound, making them well suited for foreground music applications in retail, restaurant, hospitality and other applications where music and entertainment are key parts of creating a customer experience.
These 100-watt loudspeakers can be easily flush or pendant mounted in ceilings up to 30 feet (10m) high. Fewer loudspeakers are needed to create even coverage due to the high output and even dispersion. Quickly and easily set taps with a simple turn of an innovative thumb wheel accessible under the grille. Clean, sleek styling visually blends into ceilings while providing exceptional presence, full bass and clear detail.
The FreeSpace DS 100F loudspeakers are acoustically compatible with the FreeSpace DS 100SE surface-mount loudspeakers and can be combined on the same loudspeaker line. The DS 100F can be installed quickly and simply due to its integrated mounting arms. This versatile design makes the DS 100F suitable for almost any ceiling installation: flush mounted above the ceiling, pendant mounted in open ceilings or installed in air handling (plenum) spaces.
The FreeSpace DS 100F loudspeaker is well-suited for permanent installations in:
- Retail stores
- Transportation facilities
- Hospitality venues
- Houses of worship
Bose FreeSpace DS 100F Features:
- Maximum SPL of 104 dB-SPL (peak 111 dB-SPL)
- High SPL output allows for installation in ceilings up to 30ft high
- Full-range performance from 65Hz to 16kHz
- 160° conical dispersion
- Quick and easy flush-mount installation
- Elegant, modern styling that blends with decor; available in black or white and can be painted
- One 2.25" Twiddler driver and a separate 5.25" driver provide clarity and full bass response
- Integrated multi-tap transformer provideseasy-to-change tap settings that are accessible underneath the loudspeakergrille:
- 70V - 12.5W, 25W, 50W,100W
- 100V - 25W, 50W, 100W
- Can be used as an 8 ohm, 100W loudspeaker
- Can be combined with the FreeSpace DS 100SE surface-mount loudspeaker on the same loudspeaker line
- Listed to ANSI/UL 1480-2005
- Suitable for use in air handling (plenum) spaces
Bose FreeSpace DS 100F Specifications
- Power Handling: 100W
- Nominal Impedance (transformer bypass): 8 ohms
- Sensitivity (at 1W @ 1m): 85 dB-SPL
- Maximum SPL (pink noise @ 1m @ rated power): 105 dB-SPL; 111 dB-SPL (peak)
- Frequency Range (-3dB): 65Hz - 16kHz
- Beamwidth (-6dB point, average 1-4kHz): 160° conical
- Driver Complement:
- One 2.25" Twiddler driver
- One 5.25" woofer
- Construction Features:
- Enclosure: Injection-molded polypropylene
- Grille: Powder-coated steel
- Outer Flange Diameter: 11.8"
- Ceiling Hole Diameter: 10.5"
- Height to Top of Housing: 7.6"
- Weight: 13 lbs; 16 lbs shipping
- Package Contents: Loudspeaker, installation guide
- Finish: Textured white finish with a contoured, powder-coated steel grille. Both the enclosure and grille can be painted.
- Connectors: Three-terminal barrier strip with a pre-wired ceramic connector