The Laney Lionheart L50H represents a significant advance in Class A guitar tone – it’s totally unique. The worlds first 50 Watts RMS Single Ended true Class A all valve amplifier. The L50H features a logically laid out, stylishly clean pre amp design. Featuring a twin channel layout with independent volume for each channel, a shared three band passive EQ, a bite switch, a global tone control and a Dynamics control. All housed in a stylish marine ply cabinet finished with blue tolex and tan front fret.
The Lionheart L50H’s BITE control tightens up the bottom end giving a clean and clear punchy sound, whilst the tone control works in a similar fashion to the Tone controls on your guitar except that it works uniquely on the other end of the amplification chain. Giving you the ability to control not only the overall top end response but also reduce the upper end harmonics on the output stage and preamplifier overdrive sounds. The DYNAMICS control allows you to control the Lionhearts low frequency response dialling clockwise gives a more extended low-end response. Dialling the Dynamics control anticlockwise tightens up the low-end response. The L50H rear panel features an FX loop with Bypass/Insert/Side Chain operation modes with a level control, the footswitch socket as well as housing the Preamp Out/Power amp in sockets along with the speaker connections for 8 & 16 Ohm cabinets.
The L50H uses well-proven preamplifier topology from the existing Lionheart range – but the output stage is something totally new. The design of the new output section evolved in house culminating in an output section whose inspiration is taken from the vintage amplification but with added contemporary features – a massive ultra wide bandwidth output transformer which avoids adding any unwanted distortion anywhere within the sonic range “The Lionheart L50H delivers a totally unique, airy, almost three dimensional, truly intoxicating valve tone”. Each Lionheart L50H features a hand stamped ‘build number’ in the order they come off the Laney production line, and comes with a custom made ‘Lionheart’ dust cover.
Laney Lionheart L50H Specifications:
- Inputs: Gold Plated PCB's and Jacks, Hi & Low gain inputs
- Power: 50 Watts
- Channels: Two channels
- Channel Controls: Passive BASS, MIDDLE and TREBLE
- Equalisation: Tone Boost & Cut Active on top end of signal) Dynamics (active on lower end of signal)
- Preamp Valves: 3 ECC83/12AX7
- Output Valves: 5 x EL34 power tubes
- Class: Pure Single ended Class A valve tone
- Reverb: Yes
- Footswitch: Dedicated Lionheart Footswitch included
- Speaker connections: 8/16 Ohm socket with switch
- FX Loop(s): Insert Type - switchable - Bypass, 0dBu, - 10dBu (nominal)
- Impedance: 8/16 Ohm socket with switch
- Cabinet Design: Birch Plywood cabinet construction for optimum sound quality and road worthiness
- Cover: Supplied with custom embroidered slip cover
- Weight: 47.4 lbs (21.5 kg) Unit
- Unit Dimensions - use for internal flight case measurements (H x W xD): 11.3" x 26.7" x 10.0" (286 x 678 x 253 mm)