Mackie's PPM1008 ultra-light and completely self-contained professional powered mixer features two robust power amps for mains and/or monitors (800W + 800W). With 1600 watts of system power, the PPM1008 is capable of powering a huge system. The PPM1008's custom designed Class-D amps are cool-running and boast maximum efficiency, keeping your sound pumping until they start kicking people out. Mackie’s proven Fast Recovery circuitry eliminates the risk of pesky amp latching. The result is a distortion free mix even when pushing peak levels. The built-in limiter can go toe-to-toe with the most popular outboard stereo limiters used in live sound today, protecting your speakers from damage. The limiter’s attack and release times are specifically selected to address full-bandwidth music and will not muddy things up by adding any unwanted pumping. PPM mixers are surprisingly lightweight, but tremendously powerful. You can push the PPM1008 to its maximum output, distortion free.
The RMFX+ (Running Man FX) 32-bit effects processor brings "gig ready," useable effects to your mixes. The RMFX+ processor features 24 solid FX that are known for their utility and usability. Small, medium and large room reverbs with the choice of a warm or bright characteristic put your mix in the right space. Simple, rich choruses and an array of practical delays enable you to create professional mixes without requiring a two-hour sound check. Also, the RMFX+ is the first onboard processor to feature a user tap function. So if you want to use a delay, but the preset delay time doesn’t work, you can tap it in instantly. Basically, Mackie delivered a full rack of gear at your fingertips that is easy to master, allowing you to look really and sound really good at your next gig.
The PPM1008 is fully armored inside a solid steel chassis, helping to protect the electronics from any potential environmental hazard (Think beer.) Extremely durable polycarbonate ABS end caps will protect the PPM1008 from years of abuse caused by tossing it in and out of the truck or falling off the stool at rehearsal. Each PPM1008 features rounded front with recessed controls, so if it rolls on its face in the van or gets kicked over at the show, you can be sure that it will emerge damage-free. Two metal side handles allow you to easily pick it up and get going. It’s ultra-light so you won’t need both hands!
Matching speakers to amps can suck the fun out of an otherwise pleasant trip to the music store. Keeping that in mind, PPM mixers and Mackie passive speakers were made for each other. They even included the one-touch Precision Passive EQ button, which is designed to make their speakers sound better than ever. From the popular C series (C300/200) to the S series (S200/S400), they designed their mixer to match the power requirements of their passive speakers perfectly. They easily provide enough power for a complete system; In fact, this mixer can drive two of the S215 15" 2-way speakers off the mains AND a pair of C300s as Monitors without needing outboard amps.
So if you want a truly professional set of tools for your next gig, including a Mackie mixer, onboard compressors, Fast Recovery amplification, twin graphic EQs, and “gig-ready” effects, pair up a PPM1008 and any Mackie Precision Passive loudspeakers for the ultimate, portable, professional P.A. system.
Mackie PPM1008 Features:
- Full-featured 8-channel, 1600W Peak total (1000 Watt RMS), ultra-light Professional Powered Mixer with onboard 32-bit digital RMFX+™ processor
- 800W + 800W Peak @ 4 Ohms (500W + 500W RMS @ 4 Ohms), Mackie designed Class-D, Fast Recovery™ power amplifiers
- 32-bit RMFX+™ processor featuring 24 “Gig Ready”, useable reverbs, choruses, and tap delay for live applications
- Eight premium Mackie mic preamps with 48V phantom powerand TRS inserts (ch 1-6)
- New Dedicated In-line Compression provides increased presence and punch for vocals and instruments
- Two stereo inputs with dual RCA and dual ¼" line inputs for flexible connectivity
- Mackie's 3-Band Active channel EQ with a Mid sweep (100Hz-8kHz) on mono channels
- Two built-in DI boxes for direct instrument connections
- Separate Monitor and FX auxiliary sends
- Dual 9-Band graphic EQ on the Mains and Monitor outputs for tuning rooms and monitor mixes
- 3-Mode Amplifier for ultra-flexible routing, switchable as Mains Stereo L/R, Mono Mains/Monitor 1, or Mon 1 & Mon 2
- Precision Passive EQ for enhanced clarity and LF response with Mackie passive loudspeakers
- Rugged metal handles built into the sides of the mixer case for easy transport from gig to gig
- Built like a tank and armored in poly carbonate ABS, the PPM1008 features classic Mackie rounded front chassis design. So if the PPM rolls on its face during transport the controls are recessed and protected.
- Ultra-Lightweight and portable (20 lbs/ 9 kg)
NOTE: For full specifications, please see the Spec Sheet found under the "Documentation" tab above.