Special Order. Usually ships in 7-10 days.
PreSonus' Class A XMAX preamps are widely lauded for their clarity and transparency. Their tube preamps are beloved for their warm, smooth sound. With the Blue Tube DP dual-path mic/instrument preamp, you get both types of high-quality sound in one unit.
The BlueTube DP v2's solid-state path now feeds PreSonus' top-of-the-line Class A XMAX™ mic preamplifier with 80 dB of variable gain—an upgrade from the original BlueTube DP's solid-state stage. The tube path features a 12AX7 tube that operates on voltages double that of other preamplifiers in its class, producing lots of headroom and big tone. PreSonus has performed an assortment of other tweaks as well. The result: Our BlueTube DP V2 offers lower noise, more high-end clarity, and an even smoother tube sound than its predecessor.
You still get all the secondary features you expect in a professional-grade preamp: 48V phantom power, an 80 Hz high-pass filter, -20 dB pad to control hot input signals, and a polarity-reverse switch. Each channel has an illuminated VU meter so you can visually monitor your input levels.
A Tube Drive control provides a wide range of sounds: when it's clicked off, you're using the solid-state preamp for quiet, transparent amplification; when it's engaged, your signals flow through the tube preamp, and you can achieve anything from gentle warmth to edgy distortion.
With two combo mic/instrument inputs, the half-rackspace BlueTube DP v2 is a great choice for guitars and basses as well as for vocals. Singer-songwriters can run their vocal through one channel and their guitar through the other, feeding both to the P.A.—no guitar amp needed. It also serves as a DI box, thanks to balanced XLR and unbalanced 1/4" outputs, and is housed in a new, rugged, 1/2 RU case. Try the BlueTube DP v2 as a front end for a DAW, too; sure, your recording interface might already include preamps, but few of them give you both tube and solid-state operation.
PreSonus has also updated the preamp's compact, rugged enclosure; it has more rounded edges and looks modern and sleek. It can be used as a desktop unit or it can be screw-mounted to a standard rack tray.
PreSonus BlueTube DP v2 Features:
- Dual path mic/instrument tube preamp
- 2 input channels, each with:
- High-headroom Class A XMAX™ mic preamplifier with 80 dB gain range
- 12AX7 vacuum tube gain stage
- Tube Drive tube-saturation control
- 48V phantom power
- 80 Hz high-pass filter
- -20 dB pad to reduce hot input levels
- Polarity-reverse switch
- Illuminated analog VU input-level meter
- 2 balanced combo mic/unbalanced instrument inputs
- 2 balanced XLR main (L/R) line outputs
- 2 unbalanced 1/4" main (L/R) line outputs
- Compact 1/2 RU chassis
- External 12 VDC, 1A power supply
- Connector Type: XLR, female, balanced
- EIN: -131 dB, 20kHz BW, max gain, Rs=40Ohm, A-wtd -128 dB, 20kHz BW,max gain, Rs=40Ohm, unwtd
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, -0.3 dB, +4 dBu, unity gain 5 Hz- 120 kHz, -3 dB, +4 dBu, unity gain
- THD+N: 0.01%, -10 dBu, 1kHz, unity gain, 20kHz BW, unwtd
- Dynamic Range: 115 dB, 1kHz, unity gain, 20kHz BW, A-wtd 107 dB,1kHz, unity gain, 20kHz BW, unwtd
- Input Impedance: 1.3 kOhm
- Phantom Power: +48 VDC, 10 m
- Connector Type: 1/4" TS, female, unbalanced
- Input Impedance 1 MOhm
- Connector Types XLR, male, balanced 1/4" TS, female, unbalanced
- Maximum Output +20 dBu
- Output Impedance 51Ohm
Tube Stage Type: 12AX7
- Type +12 VDC, 1000 mA, center pin positive
- PSU Barrel Dimensions: 5.5mm O.D., 2.1mm I.D., 9.5mm length