With the PreSonus Monitor Station V2, you can equip your studio with pro monitoring features for a reasonable price!
Manage multiple audio sources and sets of monitor speakers, track using loud headphone amplifiers, and talk back to your drummer—all from your desktop!
Consider Your Sources - Switch quickly and easily between up to four audio sources with a selection of input types.
Your personal studio is well equipped with a great interface and a CD player with an S/PDIF digital output. Perhaps you also need to listen to audio from a third source, such as a tape deck, or you want to be able to audition two different stereo mixes from the interface. The Monitor Station V2 provides a convenient desktop control center where you can switch between these sources without compromising the sound quality.
Switch between two pairs of balanced 1/4" TRS and a third input channel that can be fed from an S/PDIF digital input (44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz), one pair of unbalanced RCA Aux inputs with gain control, and a 1/8" TRS unbalanced input that is summed with the RCA Aux inputs. A button switches between the analog Aux and digital S/PDIF inputs.
The Monitor Station allows each of the stereo inputs (TRS1, TRS2, aux) to be routed to one of two audio paths: Main and Cue. You also can route two separate signals (Main and Cue) to each of the four headphone amplifiers, which we'll discuss shortly.
For example, send a mix with a click track to the TRS 2 input while sending the main mix to TRS 1; you can then enable the headphone amplifiers to carry either the cue or the main mix. The main audio path always feeds what you will hear in the control room.
?Manage Your Destinations - Audition your music with your choice of three stereo pairs of speaker outputs, each with separate level control—and four loud headphone outs.
Your small monitors and your large monitors: both sound great but they're constructed differently and each reveals things the other doesn't. That's why you have both. And you also have a beloved vintage set of monitors that you'll never surrender. With Monitor Station V2, you can switch between the three sets of monitors instantly. Not only that, you can set each set of speakers' level individually so that when you switch between speakers, your monitoring level stay the same.
Start with three left/right pairs of balanced 1/4" TRS Speaker outputs, each with a level control. Add to that a left/right pair of line-level, balanced 1/4" TRS Main outs and left and right balanced 1/4" TRS Cue outputs with level control. The Main speaker level (but not the line-level outs) is controlled with a flagrantly large, blue knob on the Monitor Station V2's control surface.
All speakers can be simultaneously available, or just one pair at a time, or you can choose between speakers A and B, with speaker output C remaining active to feed a subwoofer.
Get This In Your Head - With Monitor Station V2, you can evict the drummer from the main room, banish the guitarist to the bathroom, shove the singer into a closet, and make them like it.
You have nothing against drummers; you simply can't fit drums in your main studio room. However, drums sound great in that big living room. And you get terrific natural reverb on the guitar when you throw that six-string slinger and his rig in the bathroom. Your treated walk-in closet makes a dandy isolation booth for singers.
But they each need a headphone feed, and you need to give them verbal cues. And you don't want to buy even more gear to do it.
You're covered with Monitor Station V2. It offers four 1/4" TRS stereo headphone outputs driven by amplifiers so loud they ought to be illegal. Unless they're stone deaf, your musicians will hear themselves. Each headphone out has a Main/Cue source selector, and individual output-level control. That's the equivalent of a built-in HP4 headphone system!
And with the Monitor Station V2's built-in, electret-condenser Talkback mic with level control, you can communicate with the talent over their headphones, no problem. A flaming red Talk button activates the mic and automatically attenuates the cue signal by 20 dB.
Have it Your Way - The Monitor Station V2 offers powerful options that allow you to configure it for the way you like to work.
There's more to managing a monitoring system than I/O, level controls, and talkback; Monitor Station V2 delivers all of the features you need.
Eight-segment, three-color LED meters indicate left and right signal levels. These LED meters can be set in any of three modes for use with +4 dB, +10 dB, or +18 dB signal levels.
A Mono switch sums the stereo outputs so you can check for phase problems. A large, conveniently located knob controls the main speaker output level (but not the main line-level outs), and a Dim switch with attenuation knob lets you reduce the speaker output by a variable amount (-30 to -6 dB). Of course, you can mute the speakers as well.
Each of us works a bit differently, so PreSonus gives you several ways to customize your Monitor Station V2. Input selection, speaker selection, and the aforementioned LED meter mode can each be set and saved during power up so you can customize your recording system for the way you work.
Input selection can be set in either Summing mode (TRS1, TRS2, and Aux-S/PDIF are summed together when engaged), or in Toggle mode (TRS1, TRS2, and Aux/Phono can only be selected one at a time).
Speaker selection can be in All On mode (speaker A, B and C can be engaged simultaneously), Toggle mode (speaker A, B, and C can only be selected one at a time), or Subwoofer mode (A and B are selectable, and C can be selected with A or B).
With its ergonomic, intuitive layout; extensive features and I/O; and PreSonus' famed sound quality, Monitor Station V2 provides a versatile, convenient, and affordable solution for managing your studio monitoring system from your desktop.
Inputs and Outputs:
- 2x Stereo pairs of 1/4" TRS inputs
- 1x Stereo pair of RCA Aux inputs
- 1x Stereo S/PDIF coaxial (RCA) digital input (44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz)
- 3x Stereo pairs of 1/4" TRS speaker outputs with level controls
- 1x Stereo pair of 1/4" TRS Main outputs
- 1x Stereo pair of 1/4" TRS Cue outputs
- 4x 1/4" TRS stereo headphone outputs
- Large Main level control
- 3x Individual Main Source (ST1, ST2, Aux) select switches
- 3x Individual Speaker Select switches
- Cue section with Source select (ST1, ST2, Aux) and output-level control
- Aux-S/PDIF Select switch
- Aux Input level control
- Main Mute, Mono, and Dim switches with variable Dim attenuation
- 8-segment color LED input meters with selectable reference level
- Built-in electret-condenser talkback microphone with input-gain control and Talkback button
- Convenient desktop design
- Internal Talkback Microphone:
- Gain Range: +15 to +55 dB
- Type: Electret condenser
- Sensitivity: -42 dB
- Stereo 1 and Stereo 2 Inputs:
- Type: 1/4" TRS Active Balanced
- Input Impedance (Balanced): 10 kOhm
- S/N Ratio (1 kHz @ +10 dBu, Unity Gain): >105 dB
- THD+N (unwtd, 1 kHz @ 0 dBu Output, Unity Gain): <0.0075%
- Frequency Response (±0.5 dB): 10 Hz to 65 kHz
- Noise Floor (20 Hz to 20 kHz, 15 Ohm input termination): -96 dBu
- Maximum Input Level (Minimum Gain, 1 kHz @ 0.5% THD+N): +22 dBu
- Auxiliary Inputs:
- Type: RCA Active Unbalanced
- Input Impedance: 47.5 kOhm
- S/N Ratio (1 kHz @ 0 dBu, Unity Gain): >115 dB
- THD+N (unwtd, 1 kHz @ 0 dBu Output, Unity Gain): <0.01%
- Frequency Response (±0.5 dB): 10 Hz to 50 kHz
- Gain Range: 80 dB to +10 dB
- Types: RCA 75 Ohm coax
- Dynamic Range: 113 dB
- THD+N: 0.0025% (1 kHz @ -1 dBFS)
- Maximum output at 0 dBFS: +18 dBu
- Sample Rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz
- Input Meters (ST1, ST2, and Aux only):
- Type: Dual 8-segment LED w/peak hold
- Sensitivity Range: -24 dB to 0 dB
- Type: 1/4" TRS Active Balanced
- Output Impedance (Balanced): 51 Ohms
- THD+N (unwtd, 1 kHz @ 0 dBu, Unity Gain) : <0.01%
- Frequency Response (±0.5 dB): 10 Hz to 50 kHz
- Speaker A, B, and C:
- Trim Range: -80 dB to 0 dB
- Main Level Range: -80 dB to 0 dB
- Dim Attenuation Range: -30 dB to -6dB
- Cue Level Range: -80 dB to 0 dB
- Dim Attenuation (Talkback activated): -20 dB
- Type: 1/4" TRS Active Stereo
- Maximum Output (60 Ohm load): 150 mW / channel
- Frequency Response (±1.0 dB): 10 Hz to 50 kHz
- Power Supply Type: External DC Transformer/Internal Line
- Input Connector Type: Barrel, 5.5 mm outside diameter, 2.1 mm inside diameter
- Monitor Station Input Voltage Range: 18 VDC
- Power Requirements (Continuous): 10W
Dimensions: 2.5" H x 8.5" D x 9" W (63.5 x 216 x 228.6 mm)
Weight: 6 lbs (4.54 kg)